Thursday, June 30, 2011

What is something tangible that scares you? What is something intangible that scares you? Why do you think these fears exist? Do you think you will ever overcome them?

I'm really, really afraid of the dark. that's the main one. I'm not even embarrassed to admit it now! I used to be, though. anywhere. even a familiar place, my chest grows heavy and I get panicky, nervous. even if it's for a moment, turning the lights off when I leave a room. I need to have a trail of light ahead of me. it's an awful feeling. you won't see it if you're with me, but it's under wraps constantly! this gut twisting feeling, my steps become a little quicker and my eyes dart in every direction. UGH. I can't even think about it. like, if my lights shut off right NOW. I'd die.

I was trying to figure this out before, trying to figure out where it came from, and this one memory popped up. my house was pretty weird for a while when I was younger, paranormal occurrences were regular. shit got really bad, heavy, and we had 2 exorcisms performed on the house before it was okay. most of it happened to my mom and my sister, and in my sister's room (my room, now). anyway, it was in the middle of all that, and my sister was at home babysitting my brother and I. we were all in my sister's room at night, just doing nothing. she left the room to go get something, and my brother got up to leave too. before exiting, he shut off the lights and closed the door, leaving me inside her room. I remember being so terrified! I didn't know what was in there, and that was the worst part. I was screaming, crying and banging on the door begging him to let me out. but he wouldn't! My sister eventually heard me and let me out, giving my brother hell. but yeah, it could have been that. but I don't know! I don't know if I'll overcome it, but I hope I do!

Ask me anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment