Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who's your favorite relative and why are they your favorite?

my sister and my brother. there's no difference between the two.

despite the 10 year age gap, my sister is my best friend before anybody else. when I was younger, she felt the need to take care of me. she spoiled the crap out of me, and has been there for me through everything. now that I'm older and I can take care of myself, our relationship has grown a great deal, expanding onto adult truths as we both try to deal with them at different times. she moved to Ottawa about 6 years ago, which was devastating to let her go, but we still talk every single day. she knows me, and I know her. that's all I can say. she's a sister, a second mom, a soul-mate. I'm lucky as hell!

my brother is just over a year older than me, so we were incredibly close growing up. we mostly terrorized each other, or we'd team up and terrorize our mother. we've covered for each other when the other one decides to have a party, and he's gone ape shit when he believes a guy's hurt me. even during a family issue, we need to know where each other is at first. almost every time, we're in the exact same boat with our feelings and struggles. my brother puts up a hard and deceiving exterior most of the time, but I know he has one of the biggest and best hearts in the world. he's a giant and heart shattering softie underneath. I know this, because I do the exact same thing. most people say that a father is the first man in a girl's life, but for reasons I won't reveal, my brother is for me. and he'll always be my favorite man on earth!

Ask me anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment